See Abbey Road and where The Beatles played there last live performance on Beatles Walks – guided by Richard Porter, author the book ‘Guide to the Beatles London’
Every Thursday and Sunday at 11am From Tottenham Court Road Station
Roll up for the Magical Mystery Tour – Step right this way!
This walk is a unique opportunity to Imagine The Beatles and the swinging 60s in London.
It is a Magical Mystery Tour of the Beatles’ London haunts:
- their Apple offices, where the group played the famous ‘rooftop session’
- Paul McCartney’s offices where Paul can be seen occasionally
- the well known London theatre which became ‘birthplace’ of Beatlemania
- the site of John’s infamous ‘bigger than Jesus’ interview
- what John Lennon was doing outside some public toilets in 1966!
- the studio where Hey Jude was recorded
- the shopping street that was the heart of ‘Swinging London’
- Abbey Road Studios and the famous Abbey Road crossing
11am, every Tuesday and Saturday from Marylebone Station
“There are places I’ll remember all my life”, sang the Beatles in one of their most evocative songs.
Many of those places are in the “London Town” of this walk.
- So get back with Richard to the place where the opening scenes for A Hard Day’s Night were filmed
- the restaurant featured in Help!
- the former Apple Shop which had the psychedelic mural painted on the wall
- the registry office where two of the Beatles were married
- the apartment immortalised by Ringo, John and Yoko where the infamous “Two Virgins” picture was taken
- we’ll also see the house where Paul lived with Jane Asher. Those were the days … for it was in that house that John and Paul wrote I Want To Hold Your Hand.
- And for a grand finale – the legendary Abbey Road studios and crosswalk
Tours cost £15 for adults; £10 for students or seniors; £5 for under 15s.Beatles Abbey Road