Join Richard Porter on a journey from the Beatles origins in Liverpool to the splendour of their homes in London
Through photos, videos, and stories, Richard will take you on a Long and Winding Road to the doors of the Beatles homes – and sometimes give you a ‘sneak peek’ inside!
• Find out which Beatle painted the outside of their home in psychedelic colours
• Who still lives just a ten minute walk from Abbey Road
• The apartment once lived in by Ringo Starr, John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix
• Which Beatles home was once a nunnery
• Where Paul dreamed ‘Yesterday’
• And where John Lennon wrote and recorded ‘Imagine’
This is a live online tour, and that there will be a Q & A session at the end. It is a great opportunity to meet fans from around the world!
For more virtual tours and online experiences, visit our home page
I am Richard Porter, author of the book Guide to the Beatles London; writer and presenter of The Beatles’ London’ DVD; and a guide of 30 years experience. I was the President of the London Beatles Fan Club for 10 years and was a former winner of the ‘Beatles Brain of Britain’ competition. I organised the celebrations for the 50th anniversary of the Beatles crossing Abbey Road, and was on the committee that erected a blue plaque to commemorate the Beatles famous ‘Rooftop concert’ at 3 Savile Row. In short, I am Super Fanatical Beatles Fan!
Richard Porter with Paul McCartney, Abbey Road, 1997
Leave a Reply